Tuesday

Read between the designs



I don't know what to do with my life.



I want to be good, but I'd rather be everything.

Sometimes I try to keep the fear, the pain, and the questions hidden, try to make others read between my designs. But there is something to be said for taking what can seem the ultimate risk and sharing your soul despite any dissolving faith in self. I can't keep attempting ties to others wings to fly me to such great heights... So often I don't want to be me...

Every other page of my journal is filled with promise:

"I will make something of my life. Make it worth having lived, for myself and for others. I will be enough."

And every other page of my journal is filled with doubt:

"One thousand and three things I should be doing to save myself right now but all I can think of is how I’ve already failed."

Maybe I don't know where I'm going, maybe few people do. Maybe I can't be everything, but I will find a way to get to the place where I don't hate me.

Someday I'll paint a picture and show you the words that made it okay.

Mold #3 sold on March 14: $15 donated to the American Cancer Society

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inspirational.
Depressing.
Hopeful.
Scary.
You already have what you want.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home